We have helped Publishers, Designers & Agencies streamline the way they produce high resolution images, colour manage PDF’s and calibrate their proofing systems. The objective is to create an environment that produces work to a consistently high standard with an emphasis on production automation & efficiency
- Image optimisation for any type of media standard
- PDF optimisation for different paper and print standards
- Colour management for print and proofing applications
We have helped printers all over the world standardise their print conditions using our unique skills and software tools. The objective for any Pre Press department is to process received PDF’s to plate as quickly as possible with minimal manual intervention.
- What happens when this goes wrong?
- Client files arrive as Quark or InDesign files without fonts and or links?
- The PDF they sent you doesn’t have any colour information embedded and the proof looks nothing like yours
- The PDF fails normalisation & Ripping. The PDF is a 1.7 with transparency. What happens now?
- Press department cannot match either proof and blame it on the PrePress guy
- Our experience tells us that is this is happening while your reading this…
- We can provide integrated or off-line solutions, not just software, to deliver automated methods of correcting these problems. This translates into greater efficiency and less headaches…
Without the right tools and knowledge, colour management can be difficult and time consuming. At MyPressXpert we have leading technology, expertise and the relationships to ensure all of your questions can be answered and your workflow requirements met. The goal of good colour management is automated consistency. The idea that we can design a workflow based on science that produces a consistently good result with minimal manual intervention and error.
Popular colour management projects
- RGB device link in PDFx4 workflow’s –
- Advanced Device link for print – Ink savings & colour optimisation for uncoated stocks
- Multichannel device link print for packaging & digital print
- Advanced spot colour handling for digital print environments
- Digital print production workflows over wide area networks
- Remote “Colour Expert” part time regular contracted duties – better than hiring one full time
PDF “X” management
Flatten or rasterize PDF files on-the-fly within ZePrA using Callas technology based on the Adobe PDF engine, eliminating the need for
third party tools.
This feature solves issues where clients send you “open” transparency in files that fail in your RIP. This will ensure that your production can continue smoothly by allowing you to correct issues automatically without having to revert back to your client for PDF fixes.
Other advanced features of Callas PDF Toolbox include fault preflight AND comprehensive reporting and dynamic PDF error fixing.
- New Preflight reporting – error listing for better communication
- PDF “Xray” to visually see bad PDF’s fast ***Important***
- Live transparency – never fail the RIP again!
- Fully automated check and fix intelligent algorithms
Tried and tested technology with proven settings and effective integration into any digital asset management workflow, whether localised or in the cloud. Graphics professionals everywhere are looking to automate their production environments as much as possible in order to free up creative time and cut unnecessary costs. Traditionally, creatives have shied away from such systems as they seemed to have a “one size fits all” approach to optimisation. One image would be great and the other terrible. Today, we have technology that is truly intelligent. It analyses the images and applies only the corrections needed to standardise the image. This standardisation is a target set by the production team at the time the workflow is setup and is based on a visual evaluation of test images.
The end result is an image workflow that will get your images looking the best they can in a fully automated way. The reaction from our users is that at least 85% of the images they used to treat manually are now fully automated with terrific quality results. This leaves them the time to devote to the other 15% to perfect or completely retouch. It has to be said that we also have a good proportion of our clients that simply automate the whole lot and accept that a few images will not be perfect. Then again they may be right, were their images EVER 100% perfect in print or on the web? If you can fully automate your image production and have the same or less error you are in a winning position.
For our Digital clients, we offer enhanced functions that allow for RGB colour space processing, dynamic contrast adjustments based on the dynamic range of different screens, intelligent re-sampling algorithms and “1 in many out” size adjustment algorithms. So basically, 1 image goes in and all your digital production versions are created dynamically on the way out. Full automation with intelligence delivering superb quality.
- Intelligent adjustment of contrast – brightness and sharpening…
- Preserve clipping paths in JPEG’s, PSD’s including Alpha channel and layer preservation ***Important***
- Skin & RGB colour and tone enhancement
- Device Link adaptation – spectral colour adaptation
- Device link colour adaptation
- Dynamic contrast adjustments
- 1 in many out – size adjustments
- Intelligent resampling for the sharpest results
- Auto resizing based on IPTC and XMP data in the workflow – soft croppping for editorial
- Digital archiving for Museums, government agencies and businesses with important documents
It is worth noting that our image technology is “PSD” compatible, preserves layers, Alpha channels and clipping paths. It is the only system of it’s kind that does this!
Particularly important for digital clients, we can create “Soft Crops” as XMP or IPTC layer instructions for our workflows that can be used for multiple editorial layouts for different digital devices. This complexity is the defining factor between our image solutions and other systems that just cannot deliver at this level. If you want to get serious about image optimisation automation then you should be talking to the experts.
Spot colour management
Currently the handling of spot colours in PDF is limited to CMYK “alternative” values and of course the reliance on the printer to use a special ink to truly match the colour. This presents a big problem for Digital printers as the CMYK values in these spot channels have been calculated for one print condition and it is more than likely very different to your machine and paper combination. The ideal solution would be for PDF’s to include a “spectral” value for the desired colour and the RIP or colour management system to make the conversion from the desired colour to the reality on the press. This would deliver consistent colour across many medias and print devices from one concise instruction. Add to this the complexity of “tints” of that same special colour. The printer has a chance to match the 100% value but the 30% value will be influenced by “Dot Gain” and other process factors that may make it impossible for him or her to match both.
At MyPressXpert we have the answer to this, a full spot colour management system that is customisable to your brand colours. Allowing your business to communicate colour to any print platform, ensuring visual consistency. It also includes the ability to print and measure tints on your own press and apply these “calculations” to your spot channel libraries. By doing this you will be able to process files with many spot channels and tints producing results that match across sites, papers and presses.
- Automatic Pantone and HKS libraries
- Minimum channel calculations with lowest DeltaE
- Multichannel spot calculation
- Tint calculation engine
Cloud and remote services
To make delivery smoother and simpler we provide all of our file management facilities in the Cloud. MyCloudRepro is a system designed for SME’s and Enterprise size clients alike. Using the power of “Dropbox.com” we can deliver high quality image optimisation direct to your desktop via an InDesign Plugin. World class PDF Colour correction including ink optimisation and CMYK to CMYK conversions. We can even reformat bad PDF’s, colour manage and deliver to source with a certified contract proof sent to you AND your Printer to match. All remote services are backed up by our print check facility, so if your job is colour critical then leave it to the professionals to ensure you get the results you are aiming for.